05 Dec How Your Skin Ages: Get Beautiful Healthy Skin At Every Age!
Ageing affects each of us differently, however most people notice some common changes as they mature. As we grow older our bodies go through many different phases depending on our hormones and how much we indulge in life’s excesses. To help you understand these changes better, we look at what happens during our thirties, forties, fifties and beyond, to give you tips for an optimal appearance at every age.
WHAT’S HAPPENING IN YOUR 30’s?
• Early signs of ageing may be noticed due to collagen loss. This may cause fine lines and wrinkles to form and dark circles under the eyes to become more prominent.
• Sun exposure is the most common, but preventable, cause of accelerated ageing. Active lifestyles with sun exposure can lead to premature sun damage, pigmentation and broken capillaries.
• Prevention at this age is the best tactic.
Artisan’s tips for 30’s skin
1. Use anti-wrinkle injections as a preventative measure to stop wrinkles in their tracks, before they turn into deep lines.
2. Try Obagi-C Rx Skincare System to help correct early signs of skin ageing with vitamin C, a powerful antioxidant which stabilises pigmentation, strengthens collagen and minimises future skin cell damage.
3. Use DMK Soleil Defence 50+ Sun protection to help with the prevention of sunspots and premature skin ageing.
WHAT’S HAPPENING IN YOUR 40’s?
• Your skin is more vulnerable to environmental pollution and sun exposure at this age and over the years, UV exposure may have caused you sun damage in the form of broken capillaries or sun spots.
• You may notice an increase in the size of your pores. This is caused by your skin loosening and the opening of your pores becoming more pronounced.
• As the lymphatic system starts to slow down, you may start to notice that volume loss is giving you a hollowed or tired look
• Fat accumulates more easily around the abdomen, hips and thighs.
Artisan’s tips for 40’s skin
1. Artisan’s Limelight photorejuvenation treatment focuses on evening out your complexion by reducing pigmentation and redness whilst also giving a boost to collagen production.
2. Sublative Resurfacing will address any concerns you may have with the texture of your skin. Mild to moderate wrinkles, enlarged pores and even scarring can be effectively treated.
3. Use our Obagi Nu-Derm Skincare System to transform the skin at cellular level, minimise the signs of premature skin ageing and improve the appearance of hyperpigmentation.
4. Try anti-wrinkle injections to banish those fine lines and wrinkles that are becoming more persistent. Alternately, try collagen stimulating injections to replenish your own collagen and give your face back its youthful curves.
5. Try Coolsculpting to transform your body without surgery or downtime. This non-surgical body contouring treatment freezes away stubborn fat.
WHAT’S HAPPENING IN YOUR 50’s & BEYOND?
• Your skin is more dehydrated than earlier years and collagen and elastin continue to deplete faster than our body produces these key elements that contribute to youthful skin.
• Skin becomes thinner and slacker and appears to have lost structure as it loses elasticity.
• For women, menopause often begins at this time and decreased estrogen slows our sebum production, protecting your skin less from environmental stressors, making it appear dull and dry.
Artisan tips for 50’s+ skin
1. An ePrime treatment will dramatically improve the quality & tone of your skin, reduce wrinkles and give you a more youthful appearance by promoting natural collagen and elastin production around the mouth, jawline and under the neck.
2. The 8 Point Approach uses dermal fillers to replace volume at 8 key points to revolumise youthful curves, enhancing and rejuvenating for natural-looking results.
3. Try the Obagi Nu-Derm Skincare System that includes Hydrate Luxe, a moisture-rich cream engineered with powerful ingredients including key peptides to help skin recover from the day’s environmental stressors. It also includes Retrieve (vitamin A) that accelerates skin cell turnover, exfoliates and promotes new collagen production.